Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 22 Sketch - Teammates

Hello SOUS friends!
It's Rosie and a new sketch means some fun time in my scrappy room and I hope you'll be inspired to spend some time with this fabulous sketch!

As usual you can find the latest sketch in the sidebar on your right :) and here's my layout:

{supplies: cardstock-American Crafts & Bazzill; mist-Dylusions postbox red; patterned paper-Teresa Collins & Fancy Pants; embossing folders-Darice}

I immediately fell in love with the stripes in the sketch and decided to create my own. I grabbed some paper scraps and made my own stripe "stencil" and misted with red mist.


I felt that the white card stock was too bright so after the mist dried I inked the white portions with Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.

To add some interest to the banners I embossed them and it didn't matter that they were too long to emboss fully as only the portions peeking out from behind the photo needed to be embossed so I ran them through twice.

I also added ink to the "Game Day" and "Teammates" die cuts to tone them down and help them "go better" with the baseballs which are an off white colour. The baseballs are all fussy cut from patterned paper.

Link us up with your version of the sketch and come back tomorrow for a new spin on the sketch!

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. We highly appreciate it.. We all hope you have a great and creative day..